Auto Delivery vs. Will-call: Pros & Cons
Posted: August 15, 2022
A variety of delivery options to meet your fuel needs
As our longtime customers will tell you, when you are a Fredericks Fuel customer, you can rest assured that we are here for you with dependable service and programs to make things easier. No matter what type of fuel delivery service works best for you, we are ready to respond to all of your home comfort needs with caring, expert customer service. Read on to learn more about the pros and cons of the delivery options we offer.
Automatic delivery gives ultimate convenience
We encourage our heating oil customers to arrange for automatic delivery, since it offers many PROS, including:
- Helping ensure that you never run out of fuel. Enjoy your comfort, worry-free.
- Taking the burden of monitoring off your shoulders. With auto delivery, we track your fuel usage and make a delivery before there is any risk of running out.
- It’s free! There is no extra charge for automatic delivery service, and it provides great peace of mind—contact us to learn more.
- Avoid the need for emergency services. We want you to know that there is always a technician available to you in case of a no-heat emergency, so call us any time of the day or night and we will respond quickly to solve the problem. With auto delivery, though, you won’t end up in a bind that requires an emergency rush delivery!
Our automatic delivery customers don’t typically report CONS associated with their fuel delivery, but it is important to note that automatic delivery requires:
- Keeping communication lines open. We monitor your fuel usage, but if something significant changes in your household, such as the number of family members, you should let us know ASAP, so we can factor all relevant data into our estimations.
- Keeping your fill pipe clear. Your fill pipe should be kept clear, regardless of what type of delivery service you have. However, with automatic delivery, it’s especially important to remember that technicians will need regular access to the area, which should be kept free of obstructions that could hinder delivery or pose a safety risk.
Reach out to us today to learn about convenient automatic delivery.
Will-call delivery lets you take control
If you prefer, you can also keep track of your fuel usage on your own, by checking your oil tank fuel gauge yourself and calling us before your oil tank gets too low. We call this method will-call delivery, which means that you call us when you need a fuel delivery. When you are on will-call, it is important to call us 48 hours in advance so you don’t run out of fuel.
The PROS associated with this method of fuel delivery are that:
- You have more autonomy. You’re in control of your delivery schedule.
- You’ll be more involved. Not everyone prefers relying on their fuel provider’s judgment.
There are also some CONS associated with this method, such as:
- You risk runouts and delays. A good rule of thumb for ordering your oil is to call us before your fuel level gauge goes below the quarter-tank mark.
- Runouts are a headache. If you run out, a service call may be needed to restart your system.
- The responsibility is yours alone. Instead of relying on your fuel provider for monitoring, you’ll be in charge of knowing when you’re due to refuel, and when you need to schedule your deliveries.
Contact us today if you are in need of a fuel delivery.
Trust Fredericks Fuel as your dependable heating fuel resource
Fredericks Fuel is much more than a heating fuel company; we are your full-service family-owned heating company, serving West Milford, Oak Ridge, Sparta, Wantage, Riverdale and surrounding towns.
We are proud of our excellent reputation for safe, professional fuel delivery and personal, friendly service. Most of our customers were referred to us by other customers, which is the highest compliment that a business can receive.
Whatever your fuel delivery needs are, we look forward to welcoming you as a customer of Fredericks Fuel & Heating Service!