Central Air Summer Checklist
Posted: May 8, 2023
Central Air Summer Checklist
6 ways to get your AC ready for the summer
New Jersey summers can be sweltering, and that’s why making sure your air conditioning system is in top working order before the hottest days arrive should be at the top of your priority list. Plus, if your AC is older or on the fritz, our energy experts can help! Read on to learn more about readying your air conditioner for summer, and repairing or replacing any AC equipment that is struggling.
Prepping your AC before you need it most
Fredericks Fuel was around when central air conditioning came into widespread use. Over the years, we have installed hundreds of systems and helped customers make the most of their current ACs. Whether you are looking to replace your old, inefficient central A/C system, or you need a whole new installation, we can help you choose a system that will provide maximum comfort and energy efficiency. And if you’re just wanting to assess the health and longevity of the air conditioner you already have, we can do that, too. Get started by:
- Prioritizing AC tune-up. DO prepare your AC for this summer to prevent breakdowns and costly repairs by getting your seasonal maintenance out of the way now. DON’T wait for minor problems that developed over the winter to get worse and damage your equipment.
- Replacing weatherstripping, seals and insulation. DON’T skip securing your home’s gaps and cracks. These tasks can save you lots on your utility costs. In other words, DO keep that cool air you’re paying for indoors, where it belongs!
- Swapping your dirty air filter. A clogged air filter can cost you loads more, since it’s more expensive to force cool air through a dirty air filter. DON’T pay more to circulate dirty air while putting increased strain on your system. DO swap out that clogged air filter for a clean one.
- Upgrading your central air. When you install a new central air conditioning system, your investment pays off in lower energy bills. DO focus on long-term savings. With a high-efficiency new A/C system, you could save up to 40 percent on your cooling costs. Plus, if you choose an Energy Star–rated central air conditioning system, you may also qualify for a tax credit – savings you DON’T want to miss.
- Choosing reputable installers. DON’T get burned by the so-called “value” installers with the questionable coupons online – if it sounds too good to be true, it is. We have installed many of the most popular brands, and our installation team is the best in the area. Once you DO decide to hire us, we will plan out your system for maximum performance, and our installation team will take utmost care in your home to cause as little disruption as possible.
- Going smart for max AC efficiency. DO embrace the savings that come with modern AC technologies. Modern central air systems are compatible with smart thermostats, which are fully programmable. With a smart thermostat, you can preset the temperature inside different zones in your home, allowing for maximum efficiency. You can even remotely control the thermostat from an app on your phone. DON’T be scared off by the misconception that smart technologies automatically mean increased expense.
Trust Fredericks Fuel for your North Jersey AC needs!
Our equipment experts can help you choose the central air system that makes the most sense for you and your budget. At Fredericks Fuel, we offer the highest quality central air systems in West Milford, Oak Ridge, Sparta, Wantage, Riverdale and the surrounding towns – with expert installation. Plus, no matter which system you select, you can depend on Fredericks Fuel to install it professionally for years of trouble-free use.
We look forward to welcoming you as a customer of Fredericks Fuel & Heating Service! Summer in Northern NJ can be brutal—so why suffer? Contact the A/C experts at Fredericks Fuel today.